Monday, July 31, 2017

!!!EARTHQUAKE!!!



The quake, which was initially measured by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre at 6.3, was 27 miles deep and centred 120 miles southwest of Puquio, Peru, the USGS said. The quake was felt in Peru's second largest city of Arequipa and in northern Chile, local media reported.


Hey, followers! so I have NO IDEA how I forgot to tell you guys this last week, but I EXPERIENCED MY FIRST EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!  

What happened was that my comp and I were sitting at the dinner table with the old couple we live with, and all of a sudden, the mirror they have hanging on the wall started to move, and in my head I'm like "why is it moving," maybe its from the wind, but the windows were closed¨ and as I keep trying to figure out why the mirror is moving, the whole wall stats to shake, and my chair starts shaking, and then EVERYTHING WAS SHAKING!!!! and it didnt cause any damage or anything, but it still shook pretty hard, like we live on the second floor and everything was moving. 

It was a 6.3 earthquake, and it shook for like, 30 seconds, which is pretty long for an earthquake, and since it was my first earthquake, instead of being scared, I was SUPERRR excited and I wanted to record it, but I didnt get to my camera on time ;( but yeah, that was cool. 


The one in the middle is Alexandra, who was baptize two weeks ago and is now going visiting investigators with us!


Changing the subject, Everything is going pretty gosh darn great for us. Remember Alessandra, the girl that got baptized a couple weeks ago? Well she started accopanying us to lessons this week and she went with us to a lesson with Anthony. 

An investigator who has a baptism date, and I have to say it was one of the best lessons I have had in my whole mission. The spirit was SSOOOO STRONG!! and the best part is that Alessandra was participating during the whole lesson, and testifying about everything we said. 

It was actually so amazing to see someone who just got baptized alrready have such a strong testimony, and it really helped anthony feel really motivated about his baptism, casue he was at her baptism, and he saw the change that she had and got to heir her testimoney of how much the gospel has helped her even though shes only been a member for two weeks.

 Honestly. I just felt SOO HAPPY during that whole lesson, and it made me want to work as hard as I can so that every person I teach can come out like her. 

Well, this computer doesnt let me send pictures, so thats all for now. peace out yall 

Sister Burgos

No comments:

Post a Comment